Fancy Fruit Kabobs
If you are looking for any easy way to impress your family and friends, bring out a platter of Fancy Fruit Kabobs! They look impressive, they taste great, and they are fun to make.
Ingredients (Serves 8-15)
10 strawberries, cut in half
1/2 cantaloupe, cut into cubes
1 small can of mandarin oranges, whole segments, drained
24 seedless grapes, red or green
15 chunks of pineapple, fresh or canned
3 kiwis, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
Other fruit that you especially enjoy
- Set aside 8 to 15 wooden skewers, or kabob sticks. You might need more sticks if you have a lot of fruit.
- Gather and prepare the ingredients you will be using. Keep each kind of fruit on its own plate, until you are ready to assemble the kabob.
- Holding the bottom end of the stick, use the sharp end to carefully pierce one piece of fruit. Slide it over the stick, but leave enough “blank space” at the bottom of the stick so that you can hold it easily in your hand. This will also make it easier to serve.
- Continue to thread the fruit on the stick, in any order you choose, until the pointed end is covered.
- Place the finished fruit kabobs on a platter.
- Keep making kabobs until you have run out of fruit.
As another serving option, use your favorite yogurt as a dressing for the fruit.
- Feel free to add to the list of fruit or substitute other kinds of fruit.
- If you decide to use bananas or apples, dip them in orange juice to keep them from turning brown (or serve the kabobs right away).
- If you choose fruit that doesn’t turn brown when exposed to the air, you can make them a few hours ahead of time.
- You can make each kabob exactly alike, or you can make variations by changing the order of the fruits on the sticks.